Benefits of Ultra Natural Prostate
A huge percentage of men over age 50 suffer from prostate-induced discomforts. The Ultra Natural Prostate Formula contains the most scientifically substantiated nutrients to help protect the prostate gland and maintain prostate health. Recently added to the formulas are standardized lignans from flax and the Norway spruce trees. These lignans convert to enterolactones which have demonstrated anti-estrogen and anti-DHT effects that are of particular importance for the aging prostate gland.
The eight other active ingredients in Ultra Natural Prostate Formula are (amounts listed are for two gelcaps):
- 5-LOXIN® boswellia extract. Published studies show that normal aging and poor diet cause levels of a dangerous enzyme (5-lipoxygenase) to increase, which can affect prostate cells. 5-LOXIN is a patented extract from the boswellia plant that has been shown to suppress 5-lipoxygenase and other pro-inflammatory factors. 70 mg
- Nettle root extract (Urtica dioica). In aging men, too much testosterone is converted to estrogen. Prostate cells are sensitive to estrogen’s growth stimulatory effects. Nettle root helps protect prostate cells against the excess estrogen levels. 240 mg
- Saw palmetto extract. A number of normal biological events in aging men affect prostate function and structure. Saw palmetto has been shown to interfere with DHT activity in the prostate, inhibit the alpha-adrenergic receptor inhibitor (to support normal urinary flow) and help control inflammatory actions in the prostate gland. 320 mg (standardized to 85-95% free fatty acids and sterols)
- Pygeum. Normal aging results in levels of certain prostaglandins increasing in the prostate gland. Pygeum africanum extract helps suppress these prostaglandins, keeping the prostate gland placid and promoting prostate health. 100 mg
- Beta-sitosterol. The most biologically active constituent of pygeum is beta-sitosterol. It is more cost effective to obtain beta-sitosterol from other plant sources for inclusion in a prostate health formula.
- Graminex. This pollen extract has been shown to relax smooth muscle tone of the urethra, counteract DHT, and help regulate inflammatory reactions. 252 mg
- Boron. This mineral helps protect bones, and has been shown to slow elevation of PSA, most probably by protecting against protein-degrading enzymes in the prostate gland. 3 mg
- Lycopene. This carotenoid that helps maintain healthy DNA gene function in prostate cells. 10 mg
Recommended Daily Dose: 2 softgels